Another postcard view of Norbins Road, this one dated 1917 from the
Oldis collection. The end-of-terrace house (Number 31) on the right of
the photo is “Grosvenor House”, constructed by the builder, John
Barnett, for himself: it’s the biggest house in the road.
Not much has changed in the century since this last terrace, at upper
Norbins Road, was finished in 1899, except that the elegant gas lamp is
gone and overhead wires and a million parked cars have come.
Could we mark the centenary by paving the ugly alley (Church Lane,
leading to the church and the High Street) with brick and planting 100