Old Morlands plans still exist
Stephanie Morland has written to the Southwest Regional Development Agency to point out that the original plans for some of the buildings at the old tannery site still exist and “would provide such a good start for renovating and updating”. Interesting features, such as brick arches near ground level, are visible now that much of the site has been cleared.
Bob Wilkey, the site manager until 2001, rescued the drawings — some on linen — and deposited them at the county records office.
The architect in 1910 was William Reynolds, who also designed buildings for Clarks in Street.